Warsaw Visas & Permits

As a foreign resident, what is my status in your country?
A foreigner working in Poland must have a work permit in addition to a temporary residence card and Polish ID.
↑ Top

What kinds of visas are available?
In Poland, the employer must obtain permission to employ a foreigner. A work visa and a work permit are then needed for the employee.

As in many countries, the immigration procedure is quite complicated. Please contact Crown Warsaw for details.
↑ Top

What is required to obtain these visas?
Contact Crown Warsaw for help with visas and other important documents and procedures. The Crown team specializes in obtaining and monitoring immigration documents for both employees and employers.
↑ Top

Are spouses permitted and/or likely to find work?
Spouses often find jobs during their stay in Poland, but a spouse's legal working status is subject to separate immigration procedure. Crown Warsaw can assist with this process.
↑ Top

What are the main forms of identification and how does a newcomer obtain them?
The residence card is an integral part of the full immigration procedure. Crown Warsaw can assist in obtaining this in cooperation with your employer.
↑ Top

Are there any other important permits I must obtain, or places where I must register right away?
It is important to know that one of the documents required is your registration, which MUST be done by your landlord where you will live. Very often, expats and their employers forget about this.

As stated before, the immigration process is quite complex and subject to change. Crown Warsaw can assist you with meeting all the legal requirements.
↑ Top

What items should I avoid bringing into the country?
Some of the restricted items are: firearms, drugs, narcotics, indecent videos, films or magazines, alcohol (more than .5 liter of the hard stuff, 2 liters of wine or 5 liters of beer), tobacco products (if more than 250 cigarettes, 50 cigars or 250 grams of tobacco), cars produced more than 10 years ago.

Also, beware of the difficulties of bringing a car to Poland from the US. Your vehicle will be subject to a complicated technical inspection.

Crown Warsaw can answer any questions you may have in this area.
↑ Top

Is there anything else I should know about entering and remaining in the country legally?
Please contact Crown Warsaw for assistance.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.