Will I need to drive my own vehicle to conduct my everyday life (work/school/shopping) at my destination?

No - there is ample public transport


How can I legally drive a vehicle in this city?

Nationals within the EU/EES countries, Australia, Brazil, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Russia, Switzerland and Ukraine are able to convert their license to a Danish license. Natives from other countries are required to take a road test. There will be a fee for both options.


What side of the road do people drive on?

Right side


Describe typical public transportation an expat might use to get around the city.

The Copenhagen public transport includes the Metro, S-Tog (trains), buses, water buses, and taxis. These cover all areas of Copenhagen and suburbs.


Could an expat also use public transportation to get out of the city—to surrounding towns, recreation areas or suburbs? If so, list options.

Yes, by trains, taxis and buses


In regards to transportation, are there any safety issues I should be aware of?



Where do I buy tickets/tokens/etc. for the major public transportation?

You can buy one trip tickets on the bus. You need to pay in cash. Otherwise tickets can be purchased at all major train / metro stations and most supermarkets. Tickets can also be purchased via your mobile phone.


Useful Links





Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Please contact your closest embassy or consulate for confirmation.